As the go-to handgun safety center on the Front Range of Colorado, Colorado Handgun Safety has worked with many individuals who are eager to become NRA instructors. Whether you want to teach people how to more efficiently use their pistols, or you want to help families learn how to protect themselves inside their homes, becoming an NRA instructor is a great way to pass on your gun safety knowledge. In an effort to help you prepare to become an NRA instructor, we have created a list of the requirements that must be met beforehand.
NRA Instructor Requirements
If you’re an experienced shooter who’s eager to take the next step in your gun education journey, then you’ve probably thought about becoming an NRA instructor. From teaching people how to perfect their target skills to helping people understand gun laws, there are a ton of different areas available for NRA instructors to teach. To qualify as an NRA instructor, there are certain requirements you must fulfill. The requirements to become an NRA instructor include:
- Complete the basic course for the discipline you wish to teach.
- For example, if you wish to become an instructor for pistol shooting, then you’re required to complete the NRA Basic Pistol course. If you want to teach individuals how to protect themselves inside their homes, then you’re required to complete the NRA Personal Protection In The Home course.
- Demonstrate your shooting skills and expertise in firearm safety.
- You can show you have adequate firearm safety knowledge and are skilled in shooting by completing a firearm training course, or demonstrating you have adequate shooting experience.
- Prove safe and efficient firearm handling skills.
- It’s essential to know how to adequately handle firearms if you want to teach others about firearm safety. To demonstrate your ability to teach others, you will fill out a questionnaire and complete certain safety exercises.
- Successfully complete an NRA instructor course.
- In addition to the basic course, you must also take an NRA instructor workshop that coincides with the discipline you want to teach. Your time in this course will help you understand how to create a lesson plan and successfully pass on your knowledge to others. These courses are split up between general instructor training and training that’s specific to the discipline you’re interested in teaching.
Enroll In NRA Instructor Workshops At Colorado Handgun Safety
If you’re passionate about teaching others about handgun safety and helping them perfect their shooting skills, then Colorado Handgun Safety will help you become an NRA instructor! One of the most crucial steps to becoming an NRA instructor is successfully completing an NRA instructor course. For years, Colorado Handgun Safety has helped individuals with your same passions become one-of-a-kind NRA instructors. If you’d like to enroll in one of our NRA instructor workshops, make sure to book a spot in one of our upcoming classes before spots fill up!