Colorado Handgun Safety has become the premier destination for individuals looking to expand their knowledge and expertise when it comes to owning and operating a gun. Over the years, we’ve been able to help thousands of people become responsible gun owners, and we’re proud that people choose to come back to our center when they want a refresher course. With multiple locations, including Colorado Springs and Denver, we have a location that’s convenient for you!
We offer many courses, some of which are focused on operating your gun as safely as possible. Whether you own a pistol, rifle or shotgun, we have a gun safety course perfect for you! We’re here to tell you everything you need to know about gun safety classes, from course material to benefits of the class.
What Does A Gun Safety Class Include?
While different gun safety classes may vary slightly, generally, they’ll all cover the same material. When you attend a gun safety course, you can expect to cover the following topics:
- Safely handling a firearm
- Different firearm holding positions
- Basic firearm laws
- How to safely check if your gun is loaded
- Assembling and disassembling your firearm quickly and safely
- Components of a gun
- Ammunition options
- Practice using your handgun on a shooting range
- Shooting Positions
In addition to the above material, you’ll also learn the four core rules of being a safe gun owner. These are:
- Treat all guns as if they’re loaded, whether they actually are or not.
- Never point your firearm unless you intend to shoot.
- Wait to touch the trigger until you are aiming and ready to fire.
- Beware of your environment by knowing what’s past your target.
What Are The Benefits Of Completing A Gun Safety Class?
In order to become the best gun owner you can be, it’s essential to enroll in a gun safety class near you. Gun safety classes will help you become a more responsible gun owner, as well as a more confident shooter. The more confident you are in your shooting skills, the less likely you are to accidentally cause harm to yourself or someone else. Some of the benefits of completing a gun safety class include:
- Firearm training will dramatically improve your accuracy
- Reduced risk of negligent discharge of your firearm
- Advanced tactical mindset
- Thorough understanding of gun laws
Enroll In A Gun Safety Course Taught By Experienced Shooters
If you’re ready to expand your gun skills and become a safer gun owner, then it’s time to register for one of our classes! In an effort to help community members enhance their abilities, we have three gun safety classes. Depending on your firearm, you can enroll in our pistol safety class, rifle safety class or shotgun safety class. These classes are perfect for individuals of all levels. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a seasoned gun owner who wants to freshen up their shooting skills, or you’re a brand new shooter who wants to practice firing your handgun. Are you ready to learn from the best firearm training center on the Front Range of Colorado? Then register for one of our gun safety classes today!