What do Instructors Teach In A Concealed Carry Class?
Here’s everything you need to know about concealed carry classes.
Completing a concealed carry course is required to apply for your concealed carry permit. These courses help you become a safer, more knowledgeable gun owner. Some of the topics covered in a concealed carry class include:
- Learning how to clean, disassemble and assemble your firearm correctly.
- Understanding the laws surrounding carrying a concealed handgun.
- Showing proficiency with shooting your gun at different distances.
- Acquiring knowledge surrounding safe methods of transporting and maintaining your firearm.
- Becoming aware of your legal rights as a citizen in self-defense situations.
- Thoroughly understanding the responsibilities of becoming a concealed carry permit holder.
- Studying different pistol techniques.
Learn more about the benefits of CCW classes.
How Can I Prepare For A Concealed Carry Class?
You can take a few steps to become the most responsible gun owner possible.
- Decide where you’re going to store your gun.
- As a gun owner, it’s crucial to have a place in your home where you can safely store your weapon. It should be a place that allows quick access. It should also be protected from unwanted hands. Research your storage options and decide which solution works best for you.
- Begin to understand the complexities of situational awareness.
- Situational awareness is hard to master but highly beneficial for those carrying a concealed handgun. Situational awareness is the skill of thoroughly focusing on your surroundings and quickly assessing if anything seems out of place while creating an immediate plan of action for defense.
- Consider purchasing concealed carry insurance.
- Concealed carry insurance, also known as self-defense insurance, is designed to legally and financially cover individuals who end up in court following a self-defense situation.
What Happens After A Concealed Carry Course?
After completing your concealed carry permit course, there are a few steps you need to take to acquire your permit.
- First, you want to submit your permit application. Upon completing your course, you’ll receive a certificate of completion. This certificate is a requirement to apply for a concealed carry permit.
- While you’re waiting to receive your concealed carry permit, practice the different carrying methods you learned in the course and decide which one is most comfortable for you. You can walk around your home with other holsters and experiment with different gun positions until you find a method you like.
- Lastly, you’ll want to create a practice strategy to build your shooting skills continually. It would help if you researched different shooting ranges and shooting courses then signed up for some classes you think you’ll like. It’s important to continuously practice the skills you learned in your concealed carry course to remain ready for any self-defense situation.
Enroll In A Concealed Carry Class Taught By Colorado Handgun Safety
Suppose you’re interested in getting your concealed carry permit, or you need to complete a concealed carry course to renew your permit. In that case, Colorado Handgun Safety is the perfect place for you! With a team of knowledgeable and skilled instructors, we’ll be able to help you become a responsible gun owner. Whether you’ve completed one of our courses before or you’re a brand new shooter, Colorado Handgun Safety is here to help you thrive! Make sure to enroll in our concealed carry permit class today and become one step closer to getting your permit.
Colorado Handgun Safety is proud to be the go-to firearm training center on the Front Range of Colorado. From NRA instructor workshops to court-ordered firearms training courses, our experienced instructors can help you become the most responsible shooter possible. One of our most popular classes is our concealed carry class, designed for individuals interested in receiving their concealed carry permits.
Over the years, the interest in concealed carry permits has significantly increased. If you want to carry a concealed firearm for protection or to practice your second amendment, you should complete a concealed carry class. Plus, a Colorado CCW permit has reciprocity in 33 other states, so you’ll also be able to conceal carry in those states as well. Our team of knowledgeable and skillful instructors is here to tell you everything you need to know about CCW Class.